Kiwi fruit or kiwi berry is an edible berry that has a soft texture and a sweet flesh. The fibrous greenish-brown outer portion shields the bright green flesh. The center of the fruit has black tiny edible seeds. Kiwi fruit is now a commercial crop in countries like Italy, France, Greece, and New Zealand.
The creamy flesh tastes like a mixture of strawberries and bananas yet have its own distinct tang.
The most common kiwi species is Hayward kiwi, which is exceptionally large and has a superior flavor. The fruit has good keeping quality. It is a very popular kiwi variety in New Zealand.
The other two popular kiwi varieties are Hardy kiwi and Silvervine kiwi that have a smooth-skin in the size of a cherry. The flesh of these fruit has a golden yellow-green shade.
One can determine if the fruit is ready to savor by checking its ripened state. Immature fruits are hard while fully ripened fruits yield to gentle pressure.
- Kiwi fruit is rich in Vitamin C potassium and magnesium. It contains dietary fiber that reduces high cholesterol levels.
- The fruit is rich in antioxidants.
- Having a kiwi fruit is said to improve eyesight.
- A recent study states that eating kiwi fruit regularly aids better digestion. Kiwi fruit is rich in actinidin, an enzyme that promotes the proper functioning of the digestive system.
8 benefits of kiwi that are better than just delicious
- is a source of vitamin C
- Rich in antioxidants
- Alleviate problems related to the digestive system
- Make a good body
- Good for pregnant women
- It helps to play sports better
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- It helps to improve mood.