Steak Diane is a classical and tasty meat dish, to properly be served, must be prepared at tableside. This presentation is a great way to impress your guests or perfect for that special romantic dinner.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp brandy (optional)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lb small mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped shallots or green onions
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots, cook and stir for 4 minutes or until tender.
- On a clean pan, spray with cooking spray or few drops of oil, heat over medium heat until hot. Combine lemon peel and pepper; press onto beef steaks. Place steaks in pan; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare to medium, turning occasionally.
- Adding the brandy to the pan, cook, and stir until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in mushroom mixture, heat through.