Shrimp Roe Dim Sum
- 226 grams of ground pork
- 113 grams of peeled shrimp
- 85 grams of baby bamboo shoots
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 large egg white
- 1.5 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1.5 tsp of sesame oil
- For the filling, you will need 226 grams of ground pork. 113 grams of peeled shrimp, roughly cut it into small pieces.
- 85 grams of baby bamboo shoots, finely minced. This will provide a nice crunchy texture. You can switch this ingredient with a water chestnut or carrot.
- Next is our seasoning. 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 large egg white, 1.5 tsp of cornstarch, 1.5 tsp of sesame oil, 1/2 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp of ground ginger, 1 tsp of ground garlic and 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Mix that together until it’s well combined. Our filling is done.
- Prepared some peeled shrimps and some fish egg.
- Just put some filling into the middle of a wrapper. Use about 2 tsp then push the edges up. Use your forefinger and thumb to slightly squeeze it so it can keep the shape. Put a small shrimp on the top and add some fish egg as a garnish.
- Place your dim sum in the steamer. Put 1 piece of carrot under it to make sure the dim sum will be easy to take out later.
- Put it above boiling water and steam it on high heat for 6 minutes and finish.