- 250g digestive biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 600ml whipping cream
- A pinch of gelatin
- Grease a 9 inch round spring-form pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Place biscuits and flour in a processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add butter. Process until combined.
- Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate ganache, place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 – 4 minutes or until smooth. Pour over the biscuit base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- To make chocolate mousse, place chocolate, vanilla and half the cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold chocolate mixture into the cream. Gently pour over the ganache layer. Refrigerate overnight.