Pumpkin soup is a usually ‘bound’ soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. It can be served hot or cold and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States.
- 100 grams Unsalted butter
- Half onion
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups of stock water
- 1 cup of fresh milk
- black pepper
- A little salt
- Cut the pumpkin, onion, and butter into dices.
- Melt the butter and stir fry the onion and pumpkin.
- Add stock, simmer until the pumpkin is cooked.
- Bring all down to blend thoroughly.
- After finished, bring the mixture to heat, add fresh milk and a little salt.
- Simmer until finished, then serve, scoop, sprinkled with black pepper to eat with bread.